Friday, January 8, 2010

Washing Dishes?

When your washing dishes at home and you dont have a dish washer, do you fill the sink with water or do you just wash them under running water? Also, is one better than the other as far as germs go.


For both assume you are using hot water. And you are using soap and a spunge.





Ive always just done it under running water but my fiancee gets angry when i do it that way, she says that they dont get


as clean as soaking them. Now my family has always done it that way and we never sick no where near how much my girls family gets sick doing it by soaking. Im not saying thats why people fet sick, but... well you get it.....Washing Dishes?
My husband does under hot running water, I fill the sink, if not using the dishwasher. Filling the sink with hot, soapy water then another sink with hot water and a little clorox to rinse as a good sterilize.


My personal feeling on running water and washing is that it is a huge waste of water. Especially since water shortages are going on, one hasn't gotten sick yet, that we know of from the running water routine i have to admit.. and, if i am majorly rushed, i might do that way too..


Rather than sink sponge washing , You might want to consider, a soap dispensing unit like a '; DishMaster'; unit , you can get at I think Home depot . I absolutely LOVED it, when had mine..


Sponges harbor bacteria. I would use instead Handiwipes.. for counters instead, or if using sponges make sure to throw out if smell.. there's bacteria in there... i change mine every week.





The DishMaster unit is great, you put soap in the unit, turn on the hot water and press a button and it releases through a wand with a brush attachment at the end the soap , water ,and all spray from, then scrub to clean..release button, then rinse with hot water .... this is the next best wonder for the kitchen i feel if you don't have a dish washer!..Washing Dishes?
I fill the sink and soak them and wash with sponge/soap and rinse with hot water. (we almost never get sick)
Well I am 55 and have always run a sink full with hot soapy water washed the dishes and rinsed under hot running water when I worked for different restaurants we had to go to health school and we were always told that you must always rinse in hot running water for at least 10 seconds to sanitize the dishes hope this helps
We fill the sink with water, scrub and rinse with hot water. You are wasting an enormous amount of water letting the faucet run which is not a good thing in my part of the country.
I wash them both ways depending on how many dishes I have dirty. When I just wash them under running water, I make sure to put water on them until I get ready to wash them. Either way they are getting the same amount of clean. My water is hot enough that my hands turn beet red when I do either type of washing. We have never gotten sick from either way.
I dont fill my sink with water first...





I wash my dishes under running water





My favorite dish soap is Dawn it goes great job at getting out grease.





--------------------------------------鈥?br>

Here my favorite trick......





If your pot is full of grease





1- Rinse it out with hot water dry scrub with out soap


2- Fill pot with hot water and dish soap it sit until your done with your last of your dishes


3 - Scrub way the germs
My family is just 2 people. So when we have just a few dishes we run them under hot water and use a sponge with soap. If I wash dishes for more people, I fill the sink with hot soapy water and wash them that way. I usually wash the larger pans before we eat, just after I empty them. That way there are fewer dishes to wash after dinner.. And I have never had or never want to have a dish washer. A waste of time. You have to wash them twice with a dish washer.
After enjoying the delicious meal you have just prepared, fill sink and drop all those dirty little f-ers in and... ';set it and forget it';. Take the dog out, drop the kids off at the pool, kiss the miss, and call the cops on your loud neighbor. By the time you're done, the dishes will be clean enough for a wipe and a rinse. (sometimes your gotta give the ol' spit and elbow grease on the real nasties)
Depends.. I have a 2 compartment sink, so I use the one side to soak my dishes and wash them, and the other to rinse and dry.....


As long as you use Hot water, and now I would use dawn with bleach, your good to go...
i have a double sink..i wash in one side the dip it in the other side that has no soap to rinse....and we have never gotten sick from it

No comments:

Post a Comment