Friday, January 8, 2010

What is better for washing dishes, a dish cloth or a sponge? Could you explain your answer? thank you?

dish cloth. Sponges soak up bacteriaWhat is better for washing dishes, a dish cloth or a sponge? Could you explain your answer? thank you?
sponge and cloth both retain moisture and tend to spoil in a very short time. instead use a nylon wire mesh which is more hygeinic, cleans better and lasts longer.What is better for washing dishes, a dish cloth or a sponge? Could you explain your answer? thank you?
Try to get yourself one of those dish brushes with the bristles. it'll scrub better, has a handle and won't hold onto as many germs
they both hold germs. you have to wash them both to avoid contamination, but the old fashioned dishcloth lasts longer when subjected to washings...... verdict.... cloth!!!
A dish cloth is the best. Use a clean one every day. Sponges are bad news. You can get sick from the accumulation of bacteria if you don't change them and wash them often.....)(
I prefer a wash rag cause its thinner and i can fit my fingers in smaller places, + I heard that sponges hold on to grody germs and they multiply and that grosses me out.
I like a sponge and I run it thru the diswasher to clean or you can soak in in mild bleach water.
Both hold germs. You should put a sponge in the microwave for 30 seconds to kill the bacteria. And a washcloth should be used once and then washed in the laundry.





I prefer a brush
I don't think there's a ';better'; way if you're washing dishes by hand. I am a small person with small hands. I like a small sponge with a nylon net on the outside of it. I buy them at the dollar store. They work well to get the dishes clean. I use a dish cloth to wipe down the counters, stove, table, etc. When I'm finished with the dishes, and I want to clean out the sink - I use a bathtub spray cleaner with bleach in it and I use the sponge and cloth to ensure both are exposed to the bleach. After which I rinse thoroughly and air dry. I use a new dish cloth every day or two days and a new sponge once a week. The sponges get tossed after I'm finished, the dishcloths get bleached in the wash.
Neither....a wife is!


Only joking .
I prefer a dishcloth over a sponge because.......millions and millions of germs live in both dishcloths and sponges after you wash dishes. I use a new dishcloth every day, and wash mine in hot water with bleach in the washing machine.





A sponge just holds onto all the germs, and spreads them around your sink (and everywhere else you use it). Unless you threw your sponge away and got a new one everyday....
The disposable dish washing clothes with the soap already in them is great, but normally I use a sponge. They just work better and are better for your hands, they may harbour germs if you don't dry them out everytime you finish using them, but I mean, dishwashing detergent should kill them, don't you think? All this hype about germs hiding in spnges and such is just a marketing scheme to sell clorox disinfecting wipes, my mom used sponges to wash her china for years, and we never were sick people, get back to being european. Their immune systems are better cuz they don't clean with horrible chemicals and they are just used to more germs anyway.
sponges hold germs i dont like em
A dishwasher.


Soak them first, then scrub the hard junk off with a Tuffy.
Use a sponge or a wash cloth then put them in the dishwasher
I am not Real sure which is best. I have been doing house work for 25+ years and I think its okay to use either. I choose to use a wash cloth because I can buy as many cloths as I need and bleach them in the washer as much as I have too. I also know that sponges somehow GROW bacteria. I use a wash cloth every round or two of dishes. I am not afraid of germs.
dish cloth-- no sponge -- it holds bacteria.
I use a sponge, but, since they start to smell like mildew after a week, they have to be replaced often, not keen on dishcloths/brushes, but, a dishcloth would be my next choice, then it can be washed with towels, washcloths, and handtowels!

No comments:

Post a Comment