Friday, January 8, 2010

Washing dishes?

Why do Brits not rinse the dishes after washing them!?Washing dishes?
Because Fairy Liqiud is so mild that it makes your hands as soft as your face so it can't be bad for you if you ingest it.





Actually I don't know why, but I think it's kind of yucky. Have you ever looked at the colour of the tea mugs at some folk's houses??!!





No, It's not an environmentally minded thing and it's not a racist generalization. It's certainly true of the older generation. I think it's something to do with the cost of water and the blitz and all that.Washing dishes?
i never wash the dishes, just lick them!
i do rinse them
I always rinse the dishes after washing them, if you don't there is the risk of your food tasting like your washing up liquid, ugh; and rinsing stops the glasses from getting streaks. Mind you saying that my husband doesn't rinse any washing up, I just think that he wants me to complain so he has an excuse not to do it!
I rinse them but not after they are washed... I rinse them before laoding the dishwasher! No point in rinsing on the way out - they're dry!
Life is too short...get a dishwasher %26amp; worry about your own habits.
They are saving water and showing their on the backward side.
could be that some houses only have one sink.
I DO
i do ,i dont understand why other people dont do it either , everything else you wash with soap.detergent etc you would rinse
they drive on the wrong side of the road too!!
i wash them then run undr the hot tap and im a brit
n i thought i was the only one doing that
I don't, the wife washes the dishes and things, and I assume that she rinses them. But I don't really know. A U.K. husband.
I always rinse mine!!!! And I'm British!!
I didnt realise that you HAD to rinse them. Surely its just a waste of water? Its not like they are covered in suds and will make you ill if you come in contact with them?
I do!
i rinse my dishes im scottish if you dont the dishes usually leave soapy residue
Do you know every single British person then?? Have you been to all their houses and watched them do their dishes? I am British and I've seen plenty people wash their dishes, but do they rinse? How the feck would I know, I don't study them!!! How sad would that be???
im nt sure.............il ask my english m8...........
Those people who don't rinse dishes after washing them, and I suspect that it's not just limited to the British are probably environmentally minded. Rinsing the dishes involves using extra water and water is a dwindling commodity - you should praise rather than put them down for their actions.
because it is a waste of water? why rinse it, if it's already washed????
That is something I did not know. I have an English friend, I'll ask him.
coz when they are applying the dishwashing liquid the water is flowing
I have a sister-in-law who is from England. She has always rinsed her dishes. Whatever gave you the idea that they don't rinse their dishes?
coz we need the plates quick to eat our dinner. anyway, how do you know some brits might rinse afterward
I noticed that my sister in law doesn't rinse them. Not sure why. From what I have observed, the people in the U.K. are much less wasteful than most Americans and use biological detergents.
I didn't realise that this was a racial problem. I hate that ridiculous generalisation anyway since there's no such thing as a british way of life or attitude or opinion considering Britain is made up of 3 different nationalities and the U.K 4. (sorry, this question really isn't serious enough to have an argument about patriotism) But to answer the question, it's probably because washing dishes is crappy and anything that can be done to shorten the task is favourable.
why do that when you can just like them
perhaps the Brits you know! but i always do and so do all the folk i know
This is information I had no clue about. Maybe they don't use soap? Otherwise it seems like to me that everything they ate would taste like soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment