Friday, January 8, 2010

Washing dishes?

Is it better to do the dishes once a day or to keep them done up doing them several times a day?Washing dishes?
I think it's better to keep up on them as they get dirty. That way the food doesn't get stuck on so they wash up more quickly. Also it never seems like a lot of dishes if you keep up on them. Just let them air dry that saves time.Washing dishes?
I do dishes several times a day. I dont like them piling up in case company stops in on a surprise. I have never had a dishwasher.


A couple years ago, I had to call an ambulance to my friends house. At the time, his lazy 25 yr old daughter who couldnt even clean out the lint trap on the dryer realized she had an ambulance crew coming and she immediately started doing a weeks worth of dishes. There she stand in the kitchen trying to make a good impression - too late....


The ambulance crew had to tell her to get out of the way.


I know all the ambulance crew got the impression the family just all live in squalor which was true until she moved out on her own.


A pile of dirty dishes equal sloppy housework and give the impression of laziness unless you just have a couple glasses or something.


I think you should keep the dishes up several times a day.
Doing the dishes once a day saves money (used on hot water and dish-washing detergent), as well as time and energy.


You might enjoy these benefits, as long as there aren't too many dirty dishes to cope with at once, and the kitchen doesn't become unsanitary.





Scrape them well; stack them neatly in the sink, and leave room for your hand to reach the sink strainer. At the end of the day, fill with hot water and a couple of squirts of detergent. Then just reach in and wash whatever comes first. It's a breeze. If company comes, cover the pile of dishes in the sink with a pretty dish-towel.
Thankfully, I have a dishwasher. But before I did, I found it was easier keeping up with them throughout the day instead of letting them all pile up...
I try to wash as I go, even though I have a dishwasher. lol...some meals are small so why not wash by hand?

No comments:

Post a Comment