Friday, January 8, 2010

Why do Americans feel the need to rinse after washing their dishes?

Nobody else in the world does. Well when i say world i'm referring to the UK, Australia and New Zealand of which i have actually visited. I mean nobody gets ill and food doesn't taste like soap so why? Fear of washing up liquid? Plus it wastes water unnecessarily.Why do Americans feel the need to rinse after washing their dishes?
I don't know what planet you're from but we have always rinsed our dishes. Who wants to eat off a plate with soap on it? YUCK


I grew up in a poor county in Ohio and we still had enough water to rinse the dishes with and our bodies.Why do Americans feel the need to rinse after washing their dishes?
I have a friend from Australia and he asked me the same question. We noticed when he visited and would help with the dishes, he would wash them in one part of the sink, set them aside aside in the other part and let the soap run off and then put them in the drainboard. No rinsing.





Americans just like to be extra certain that all of the soap residue is off. Over time it can dull your dishes or make them look streaked. And yes, you CAN sometimes taste a bit of dish detergent residue on the dishes. I experienced this when visiting the UK! Maybe you don't notice it because you're used to it.





I don't think this issue is worth making a big fuss over. It takes a minimal amount of water to rinse your dishes. It's not wasteful.
It's to make sure that all the soap is rinsed off. Dish soap can eat away at your esophagus and stomach if ingested and also cause diariah, so I prefer to make sure it's well rinsed! Not to mention it's horrible for your teeth after time. No biggie though..





I've been to the UK twice, both times I swore the food had hints of soapy tastes in it..... now I know why. Thanks guys,
The soap residue will make you sick and the food particles that may be in the soapy water will really upset your stomach. Why do you rinse your hands after you soap them up? Because, it is cleaner.
Oh really??? well I wondered, a few of my friends have only 1 sink instead of 2 and they never rinse after doing the dishes... and its true it does waste a lot of water.
The soap can give you diarrhea. I'd rather rinse.
LOL where did you grow up? Whats wrong with clean dishes??





We shower and rinse our bodies too, by the way
  • wrinkles cream
  • wrinkles cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment