Monday, December 21, 2009

Does anybody have any tips for washing dishes by hand?

i feel like every day it's such a drag to stay on top of them...any tips or systems for staying on top of the dishes?Does anybody have any tips for washing dishes by hand?
While you are in the kitchen clean up as you cook. If some pots pans or bowls can be washed ahead of time do it.


Always use hot water as hot as you can stand it. It just melts the dirt away.


Rinse in hot water also, it drys faster than cold.


I use a mesh puff scraper, if you know what I mean.


If you have a small space I just put the hot water and soap on the scraper wash and stack in the sink then rinse a bunch at a time.


If you can't get to the pots until after dinner always rinse them out or soak them to make cleaning easier.


I never leave the kitchen when I'm cooking. I toss out empty boxes, and put food away and wipe up any spills. Usually when dinner is over I just have plates and silver ware left, and one or two pans. 5 minutes and I'm done.Does anybody have any tips for washing dishes by hand?
when ever i would go to the store i would sometimes buy the plastic cups and silver ware cause the kids had a bad habit of not using the same glass so i would just put them on the counter to use,, then when they would come back i would tell them find your cup u had earlier and wash it out and use it,, i know what u mean it seems like u are in the kitchen all day doing dishes,, then i usually do my dishes when i am cooking supper what ever i dirty up while cooking dinner or what ever it may be,, that way i wouldn't have a ton of dishes when dinner was done i wasn't haveing to wash all the big pans or whatever i may had used to prepare my meal,, well i hope this might help u,,
Rinse what you use when you put it in the sink. Encourage anyone else you live with to do the same. I recommend a hot soapy sinkful of water. Find clothes or spinges that you like the feel of and that fit your hands. I wash cups and glasses,then plates and bowls..... then silverware. Then I do the pots or pans. I always rinse in the hottest water I can stand to touch. Things dry well. Another little hint is to keep some hot soapy water; wipe things up and wash while you are cooking, it reduces what you have to do after a nice dinner when you don't really feel like messing with it.
I know how you feel. So I decided to buy all different size plastic disposable dishes, cups and cutlery too. It has eliminated the amount of dishes I have to wash daily. Of course I use regular dishes too. But for myself, and the kids I stick to the disposable ones. They are really very inexpensive. If you buy them by the carton I think you get a bigger break on the price.





When I do a lot of cooking and have many pots to wash, if I am to tired from cleaning up after all is done. I fill the pots with water (so that the residue of the food does not stick to the pots), and put them in the oven so that they are not an eye sore. Then I wash them at my leisure or the next morning.





While cooking wash some items as you go along, there will be less of a build up. Like if your baking then wash the bowls immediately after you pour the batter in the pan. You get the idea.





If you have a pot that has food stuck to the pans and are hard to wash off. Put some water in it, and bring it to a boil. Then wash them. It just slides off. No need for scrubbing.


I also hate Ironing, and buy mostly wrinkle free items.





Hope I helped
when you are cooking a meal, have the sink full of sudsy water and clean up as you go. If I bake, I wash up what I can when the oven is in use, works well. My favourite solution I used is to buy a dishwasher!
water, soap, sponge, towel
I find washing up a pain, but something that always has to be done.


I rinse everything off first. I spray them with an orange, or baking soda spray, fill up a container with dishwashing liquid and I wash each thing stack them up in the sink, then i rinse them off with water. I never fill the sink up, your just washing in dirty water.


Also if I have been cooking chicken or something that is quite on the nose, i use a bit of bleach to scrub, i hate the smell.
I always like to wash the dishes straight after we have finished our meal, this way the food comes off pretty easy and you dont have to scrub it off.


I usually wash up three - four times a day, if the kids have used every glass in the cupboard for drinks during the day I always try to get them washed before dinner so I only have the dinner stuff to wash and dry and pack away
I feel your pain - if you can afford 8 dollars or so a month, and you are not that intested in being environmentally friendly - buy paper plates at a price club and you will be happy you did. You will only need to wash silver ware, pots and cups, and thats pretty easy!
Rinse them if need be %26amp; stack them in sink til time to wash. Unless you have lots of dishes. (That way it saves water by filling wash basin once.) And cold water rinses the soap off the dishes faster. As long as you wash in soapy hot water the rinsing in cold is fine. I've been doing it that way for a long time %26amp; never have we gotten sick from it. Plus, the dish soap bottle would say that you have to rinse in hot water only if that was necessary. Our water leaves much to be desired as it dries out your skin/hair badly. (horribley highly chlorinated -wonder when/if they are gonna go back to the regular system, anyway...) Dishes are fun... think of it as great excersize for your arms %26amp; keeping metabolism up! :)





I, also, will wash as I go when baking %26amp; sometimes for big dinners. Have the soapy water ready %26amp; going %26amp; doing them up as you bake/cook.





Dish washers use electricity %26amp; sometimes don't wash that well %26amp; dry stuff on the dishes that don't rinse off. :/ Plus, you have to rinse/wash some of it as you go anyway. Ours doesn't have the cold water rinse, either.
Try to wash them as soon as you are done using them.
wash them as you use them. please check out my website to book travel and earn extra cash http://www.debbiestravelstore.com/
use dawn soap and soke the dishes
at least rinse them as soonas you finish...then, when they have piled up (daily) soak in hot soapy water for 15 minutes and wash/rinse easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment