Monday, December 21, 2009

What is the cheapest way to clean dishes? Using the dish washer or washing dishes by hand?

by hand uses less water, less soap and less electricity. Dish washers are great if you have lots of dishes to wash every day, but it is not economical to run the dishwasher unless it's full. Having a full set of dishes helps. If you only have service for 4 you will likely run it more often that if you have dishes for 6 or 8 people, and unless you must, don't run the heat dry cycle. It uses more electricity and heats your kitchen up.What is the cheapest way to clean dishes? Using the dish washer or washing dishes by hand?
Up until recently, I would have said Hand Washing. But I was watching The Green Channel the other day and they were doing a Green Survey and polling people who were answering ';Hand Washing';. Turns out, the new Energy Star dishwashers are not only more efficient, they are more green too. They now use only 7 gallons of water versus the 15+ for Hand washing. If you use my foster daughter to do them, even the old dinosaur dishwasher would be more efficient, because she can empty a 60 gallon HW heater and have only washed 4 dishes! Not only does it use less water, but it also will supposed do more with less. So I guess the NEW AND IMPROVED answer would be a new energy star dishwasher will out do washing by hand. Hope this helps you! Good luck!What is the cheapest way to clean dishes? Using the dish washer or washing dishes by hand?
I say dishwasher... I have an energy star dishwasher- and I run it only when FULL.... I run it on time delay so it's running at 3am when we are sleeping and the water is heated up for no reason.... We use Electrosol and it was on sale- 90 tabs w/ jet dry for $6.99 AND I had a $2.00 instant rebate AND a manufacturer coupon for .75 cents... So it was around $5 which will last me at least 3 months or MORE! I also found at least in my area OHIO if you don't run every major appliance at the same time you can save up to 1/2 on your electric bill!





Good luck
Washing by hand is much better.


Less water


Cheaper soap


Less energy


More exercise


Cleaner dishes





I don't have a dishwasher, but since it's only my one year old, husband and I living here, I wouldn't use it if I did..
The cheapest? Would be by hand. Less water %26amp; cheaper dish sopa.

No comments:

Post a Comment