Monday, December 21, 2009

How can I make hand washing dishes easier?

I hate hand washing dishes. My apartment doesn't have a dishwasher. I feel like my life is an endless stream of dishes.How can I make hand washing dishes easier?
Before you eat fill the sink with hot soapy water, Scrape off uneaten food into the trash can when your done and put dishes in the soapy water wipe with cloth or sponge and rinse, this will save water and take a lot of time out of washing your dishes.How can I make hand washing dishes easier?
Organize. If you're cooking for one, make one-pan meals like chili, soup, etc. If you don't mind eating from the pan, you only have your spoon or fork and your pan plus the glass or cup for your drink. When you finish, run hot water into the pan with a little dish soap, wash your flatware, your cup, then the pan. You're done. If that doesn't suit you, or you want to wait, run your sink full of water, then put flatware at the bottom followed by your drink holders. When the cups and glasses are done, add the plates to the wash water, then dry and put away your cups while the plates and flatware soak. Do them next and add pots and pans to soak while you dry and put away the plates and silver. Do the pans and allow them to air dry while you clean up the counter and stove. Put away the pots and pans and you're done. This works in tiny kitchens and large ones, and doesn't take too long either.
since i also hate washing dishes i wish them with sos pads under running water i hate dishwater it's nasty to me if u don't live alone make sure everyone scrapes their dishes before they put them in the sink at my house there is always an sos pad on the sink and everybody washes their own plates glasses and silverware hope this helps when u don't have a dishwasher like me u do what u can
I agree with some of these answers, but personally I hate ';wash as you go';. It just makes it feel even more like you never get done. Everyone in my house is required to take their dishes to the sink. Scraping and rinsing the dishes right away really helps. Any cooking pots or pans fill with hot soapy water to soak right away. I put all dishes in the drainer to air dry. I only hand dry if something is extra special or easily spotted.





As far as household jobs go, dish washing to me isn't bad at all... much rather wash dishes and do laundry than mop! I hate mopping!
Be sure to use a quality dish soap. Some (but not all) of the less expensive soaps are not worth it. Quality soaps contain surfactants that should help release the food particles that stick to your dishes. Cheaper soaps will require more ';elbow grease'; from you.
You can use paper plates instead for small meals, you can soak the dishes in very hot water for 5min to wash them easier or invite friends over and get them to do it.
Wash as u go, which means as u prep food wash what u used to prep the food first and then when it comes to dishes u wont have as much to wash as if u piled the dishes all up then u have a ton of dishes to wash...
Wash dishes immediately after usage in hot soapy water with 2 caps of bleach. Use gloves. The hot water, soap and bleach help clean the dishes lickety split!





It's over fast and the dishes are clean and sterile.
eat less

No comments:

Post a Comment