Sunday, December 27, 2009

What would you think if you are washing dishes & a glass kind of explodes out of the blue?

and you didn't even touch it, %26amp; it wasn't an accident, it popped, it scared me, I didn't know where the big noise was coming from, what could've caused it, seriously?What would you think if you are washing dishes %26amp; a glass kind of explodes out of the blue?
Me, I'd think, ';Damn, another broken glass!';





If you're looking for an explanation, it wasn't anything paranormal, if that's what you were thinking. Odds are almost certain it was one of two things. Either there was a temperature gradient that caused it to shatter, or it might have slid and bumped into something else in just the right way.





Unless the glass had nostalgic value for you, I wouldn't worry too much about it.What would you think if you are washing dishes %26amp; a glass kind of explodes out of the blue?
I'd think my mutant superpowers are just begining to realize themselves.











0 o
I would think it is time to buy a dishwasher.
I think ';Oh, crap! That was scary!';





Seriously, it comes from stress and dislocations in glass. Even if your glass wasn't sitting on the hot stove at the moment, there were times in its life when it was exposed to hight temperatures, possibly was knocked over before but didn't shatter back then. When glass is made, it cools off unevenly - so there are always internal stresses in glass. Tiny cracks that are not visible to the eye are introduced over glass's life time. Those cracks can start expaning spontaneously from a minor temperature change in the room.
One thing I'd think was who fired that shot or am I hurt? I'd agree with everyone else some kind of stress or temperature change.
I would think that it had a crack, a weakness or a flaw that gave in with the expansion or contraction caused by temperature change - like hot dish water
I would be thinking:


Product liability lawsuit!!!


There is a famous case when coke bottle exploded.
One of two things can cause it. A rapid temperature change or sonics.
If you just washed it in hot water or it had hot liquid in it, the change in temperature (even if its empty and just cooling off) can cause it to crack without even touching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment